Pink Popcorn Cones by the Clueless Chick
This week on Charlotte Today I shared some of my favorite tips for planning a fabulous baby shower on a budget. One of the most popular treats was our new Pink Popcorn Cones. These adorable treats are super cute and fairly easy to make. They are the perfect example of how a simple Pinterest recipe can lead to a fun new creation. While making a modified version of this Old-Fashioned Pink Popcorn recipe, the idea to make this super cute popcorn into popcorn cones was born - after all I was already planning to use ice cream cones as the cups for my popcorn buffet so why not? I gave it a try and voila, a fun new Clueless Chick favorite!
Pink Popcorn Cones
- Old-Fashioned Pink Popcorn (freshly made)
- Ice Cream Cones
- While your Old-Fashioned Pink Popcorn is still warm on your parchment covered cookie sheet, place popcorn in each cone, forming a ball with the popcorn on top to look like an ice cream cone.
- Place completed cones in an airtight container to set.
Old-Fashioned Pink Popcorn
- 1 bag pre-popped popcorn or 6 cups fresh popped popcorn
- 1 cups sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tablespoons corn syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 to 3 small drops of red food coloring
- Bring sugar, water, corn syrup, salt and vanilla to a low boil, stirring regularly
- Remove from heat, stir in food coloring adding one drop at a time to ensure your color is not too dark
- Put ½ of your popcorn into a large stainless steel or glass bowl, pour ½ pink syrup over popcorn and stir. Add remaining popcorn and pink syrup and stir again.
- Transfer pink popcorn onto a parchment paper covered cookie sheet to cool.
- Once cool, break apart and enjoy!
- Any color of food coloring can be used to make a rainbow of old-fashioned popcorn
- Use your Old-Fashioned Pink Popcorn as the base for a popcorn buffet, just add some sweet and salty mix-ins
Pink Popcorn Buffett