When it is time to celebrate the pending arrival of baby #2, #4 or #10, there is nothing better than a Surprise Sprinkle! What's a Sprinkle, you ask? Well, it is a a "light" shower of course :-) Since Mommy-to-be likely has all of the basics she will need for the little on you can get even more creative than normal with your theme! You may want to have a “Turning Blue Pink” shower to make all of her baby boy things girlie, a “Disposables” shower to restock her supply of diapers, wipes, creams, etc., or a “Mommy” theme to celebrate Mom and shower her with gifts.
For this Surprise Afternoon Team Sprinkle, the Mommy-to-be's closest girlfriends surprised her with a lovely afternoon tea at The Umstead. What a perfect way to pamper a Mommy-to-be for the afternoon and sprinkle her with fun baby gifts!
Decorations and Favors (The Umstead is so beautifully decorated little work had to be done!):
- Oversized pink clothespins used to display the Sprinkle invitations (at a surprise party it is fun to display the invitation for the guest of honor to see)
- Place cards designed to match the invitation's cupcake design
- Mason Jars filled with a variety of teas, Lindor Truffles and a cupcake note card adorned with a personalized favor tag designed to match the invitation's cupcake design
- An amazing afternoon tea
- A fabulous harpist provided by The Umstead!
- The Umsead's amazing three course Afternoon Tea:
Loose Leaf Tea Service
Deviled Quail Egg
Sesame Chicken Salad
Sundried Tomato Basil Tapenade
Cucumber, Sherry Cream Cheese
House Smoked Salmon, Crème Fraîche
Warm Buttermilk Scones
Grand Marnier Chantilly
Hand Picked Strawberries
Seasonal Macaroon & Pastry