Sunday, February 22, 2015

Clueless Chick Invades Dairy Queen (with her little men)


 
The Clueless Chick and her Little Men Invade Dairy Queen!

Shortly before Valentine’s Day we were fortunate enough to be invited to a special event at our local Dairy Queen in Cary, NC to decorate ice cream cakes and meet Elsa.  As you can imagine, my boys were thrilled! 

I was just as excited when I realized that the Diary Queen was owned by fellow 2014 Triangle Business Journal 40 Under 40 award winner Andy Valkanoff!  I met Andy in passing at our awards ceremony and knew that he owned a number of Dairy Queens but I had not yet chatted with him about the success of his business, so I was SOLD!

Let me tell you, the afternoon did not disappoint.  The boys were thrilled to meet Elsa, snack on chicken strips and ice cream and decorate our very own ice cream cake.  I also had a chance to spend time learning more about Andy’s business, Mad Treats, Inc. (a fabulously appropriate business name!).

Our day at Dairy Queen was, for me, the perfect combination of a creative outing with my little men, Clueless Chick media event, and entrepreneurial conversation with a very successful new friend :-)

An Instagram Review:
1. First the little men scoped out the cake and the oodles of decorations Andy's crew gave us to play with.


2.  Next thing I know the big guy had drawn a perfectly adorable red heart on his half of the cake while I was busy trying to keep the little guy from eating the decorations.


3.  These boys take their cake decorating seriously, especially when it is an ice cream cake they will be sharing with Dada in lieu of dinner ;-)


4.  We had a little Elsa photobomb while my little goofball was hamming it up for the camera.


5.  Yet another satisfied, yet silly, customer
 

6.  The finished product!


Why I am now Dairy Queen’s Biggest Fan?

  • They are active in the community, donating over $100,000 to the Children’s Hospital and have a webpage dedicated to your fundraising requests.  They also employ over 100 people at their Cary location, nearly 200 during the summer!
  • The walls at the Cary location are covered with a beautiful mural painted by art students from Cary High School
  • They offer $5.00 lunch options for the cost conscious and a FULL menu of everything from cheeseburgers and chicken wraps to salads.
  • All cakes are made and hand decorated onsite to guarantee their freshness.  Plus, they will custom decorate your cake for any occasion, any way you like!
  • You can have your next party at DQ!  They provide the space, you provide the fun :-)  You can even have all of your guests decorate cupcakes as the main attraction.

Above all else, can you really beat a Blizzard?!?  I mean come on, your favorite ice cream with chunks of your favorite treats…I sure hope your local DQ is open because I know you’re imagining your favorite combination right now.

Until next time,
aka Chick #1

P.S. A BIG Clueless Chick thank you to Andy and my friends at Clairemont Communications for the invitation and YUMMY goodies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment