Who doesn't love a good Grilled Cheese Sandwich?!? Whether you are pregnant and having serious cravings for comfort food, you are looking for something simple to cook with your little ones, or you are just a kid at heart - a Grilled Cheese Sandwich is just what the doctor ordered!!
The only 3 things you must have to make a Grilled Cheese Sandwich are: 1. Bread, 2. Cheese, 3. A Grill. Other than that, your imagination is your only limit. Here are a few Clueless Chick favorites:
Who says a Grilled Cheese Sandwich can't be open-face? Simply add a slice of Brie and your favorite fruit to a thinly sliced Baguette and you've got yourself and AMAZING bite-size Grilled Cheese Sandwich!
Tip: Lightly grill your baguette on one side, then flip and add your cheese and fruit for an extra crunchy treat. If you are going to use preserves in lieu of fresh fruit, spread the preserves on the grilled side of the baguette and add your Brie on top. For an added treat, place a small slice of Prosciutto under the Brie.
What could be better, or more simply southern, than lightly grilled Pimiento Cheese on two pieces of Thin Sliced White Bread? Nothing.
Tip: Be careful not to smash the sandwich with your spatula when grilling because the pimiento cheese will run. This sandwich is also delicious with a thin slice of turkey.
Ham and Swiss on Rye-Pumpernickel Swirl
For a perfectly hearty Grilled Cheese, add Black Forest Ham, Swiss Cheese and Stone Ground Mustard to Rye-Pumpernickel Swirl. Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum!
Tip: Place 1 slice of Swiss on either side of your ham to ensure a perfectly meltilious sandwich. Spread your Stone Ground Mustard on the top slice of bread for before adding it to your sandwich.
Grilled Cheese Sandwich Tips for The Clueless Chick:
- Prep your cooking surface with a thin layer of oil (preferably a flavored olive oil)
- Brush melted butter on each side of the bread that will touch the grill
- Always grill your sandwich on Low to Low/Medium to allow the cheese to melt and avoid burning your bread
- When grilling an open-face sandwich, lightly grill the top side of the bread, flip and add your cheese, etc.
- Always lightly toast your English Muffins before grilling
- Do not smash your sandwich down unless necessary to avoid an ooy gooy mess
- Allow your sandwich to cool for a minute or two before cutting
- Serve grilled cheese with your favorite soup
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with meat can also be served cold
- There is no such thing as too much Cheese on a Grilled Cheese Sandwich!
What are The Clueless Chicks Favorite Grilled Cheese Supplies?
- Whole Grain
- English Muffin
- Jalapeno Jack
- Sharp Cheddar
- White Cheddar
- Roasted Turkey
- Black Forest Ham
- Roast Beef
- Red Grapes
- Green Apples
- Stone Ground Mustard
- Yellow Mustard
- Horseradish Sauce
- Tabasco Sauce
Your imagination is truly your only limit. So let's get grillin'!
For additional information on Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, check out these fun resources: