Sunday, February 12, 2012

Toddler Friendly Valentines!


It can be tough to find an easy and inexpensive way to create unique Valentines for Toddlers (especially when you have to make 31....).  When I saw this Heart Shaped Chalk I grabbed as many as I could!  I spend a good bit of time each year agonizing over Valentines for my little one's classmates because I can't bring myself to give them candy and no one is getting pre-printed Disney character Valentine from The Clueless Chick :-)  I also have to settle on something cute, fun and at least a little practical that won't take hours upon hours to create.

I stumbled across this fantastic Heart Shaped Chalk last year the day after Valentine's Day.  One of my all time favorite Penny Pinching Tips for The Clueless Chick is to buy all of your holiday decorations and non-perishable items the day after the holiday when everything is 50% off (it is even better if you can scope out a low-traffic store that still has inventory a week later for 80-90% off!).

Since these Valentines are from both of my sons the tag (a 3"x2" sticker) reads:
We hope your 
Valentine’s Day is 
chalk” full of
Hugs and Kisses!


Behind each piece of Heart Shaped Chalk is a piece of red card stock which is blank on the front and on the back reads:
Heart Shaped Chalk
I’m washable!

Instructions:
1.   Open package
2.   Remove chalk
3.   Find chalkboard
4.   Learn to spell
5.   Write a love note


You can use just about any size cello bag that your chalk fits in, I prefer a short bag that I can fold over and seal with the sticker.  I also considered printing the Valentine greeting and instructions on opposite sides of a gift tag so that I could use just about any bags that were handy.  The best part about small gifts like these is that your imagination (and budget) are your only limitations.  So have fun with it!  And if you don't have a creative bone in your body, or you find yourself remembering the day before Valentine's Day that you haven't made anything, head to Walgreens and pick up a box of Mickey & Minnie Valentines ;-)

Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment